Wasn't aware that I was close to 50,000: Sachin

E-mailPrint
sachin--newNew Delhi: Mumbai Indians beat Trinidad & Tobago by six wickets at Ferozeshah Kotla on Saturday to make it to their second Champions League T20 final in three years. In the process Sachin Tendulkar reached an astounding 50,000 runs in competitive cricket across all formats. Needing 26 runs to reach the landmark, Tendulkar took a single off left-arm spinner Yannick Ottley to reach another milestone in his glorious career spanning close to two-and-a-half decades.
Speaking about the landmark, the Master Blaster said after the match that he wasn't aware about it when he went on to bat. "I wasn't aware that I was close to 50,000. I only saw it on the big screen," said Tendulkar
Tendulkar now has 50009 runs in 953 competitive matches, which includes 551 List A matches, 307 First-class matches and 95 T20 games. Tendulkar has so far scored 25,228 runs in 307 First-class matches which includes a staggering 15,837 runs in 198 Tests. The 40-year-old has 21,999 runs in 551 List A matches which includes 18,426 runs in 463 ODIs.

Sachin said that it was a great day for Mumbai Indians as it has reached the CLT20 final for the second time. "It was a good performance by us after Smithy (Dwayne Smith) gave us a good start. It's fun to watch him hit those balls hard. I told him I am not backing up too far as I might get hit by his shots. I am a little superstitious, so I don't like speaking about my own team,” said Tendulkar when asked about his team's chances in the final.
“T&T are a dangerous side and they play the format very well. I was glad that Pollard and Smithy were on our side," he said.
Meanwhile T&T skipper Dinesh Ramdin said, "We should have got 15 more runs more. 170 was on par for it, but we kept losing the wickets. There was a bit of dew out there and we bowled full to them earlier, allowing them to get away to a good start."
- See more at: http://www.indiansportsnews.com/other-sports/cricket-news/24048-wasnt-aware-that-i-was-close-to-50000-sachin.html#sthash.42UWlWBX.dpuf